The holiday 2017 event is currently underway in Pokémon GO. As part of this celebration, a familiar festive Holiday Pikachu is back and comes with a special Santa hat. As you embark on more holiday adventures, be on the lookout for Pikachu wearing this familiar festive hat. If you spot one, spread the holiday cheer by sharing an AR photo of it on social channels with the hashtag #HolidayPikachu before they leave in a few days!
Tips on How to catch a Holiday Pikachu!
- Is important to understand that they won’t always show up on Sightings, especially if there are a lot of PokéStops nearby, but if walk within 40m, Holiday Pikachu should pop up for you. For this season spawn rate of this rare Pikachu has been adjusted by Pokémon Go so it is available more frequently, so get it while you can!
- Remember that you can track your Holiday Pikachu, if it is hanging out at a PokéStop, you’ll see him show up on Nearby. Tap the Nearby Tab at the bottom right of the screen. Tap the holiday Pokémon you want to track. Tap the Footprints button to start tracking. Once you get to the PokéStop, the holiday Pikachu will spawn and you can catch away!
- Also remember that you can get your holiday Pikachu by using incense or lures. Just start your incense as you walk, or drop your Lure on a PokéStop, and cross your fingers for a holiday Pikachu.
- Don’t forget to keep walking, since holiday Pikachu can still be got from an egg. Pikachu has been replaced in eggs by baby Pichu, and while baby Pichu didn’t get a Party Hat or a Santa hat previously, it did get an Ash hat and it is getting a Santa hat now. Yes, this is the first time you can really get a Santa hat Pichu!
- You can only get a festive Pichu from a new 2 KM Egg received after the start of the Holiday Event (December 21, 2017), though. 2K Eggs from prior to the start of the event can only hatch regular Pichu.
- Increase your possibilities on catching a Holiday pikachu by using a Razz Berry (1.5x) or Golden Razz Berry (2.5x) if you have ’em. Unlike other bonuses, it’s not dependent on you hitting the target. It’ll work when you do. Also make use o the Curve Ball (1.7x). A successfully thrown Curve Ball has a higher catch rate than a Great Ball and almost as good as an Ultra Ball.
So, you already got a Holiday Pikachu? share your experience and how you catch it in the comments section below!