In japan, an amazing Pokemon Train named The Pokémon With You train has been aiming to make kids happy in Eastern Japan since 2012. It’s now 2018 and the train recently received a massive makeover, featuring more Pikachu-themed designs.
The Pokémon With You train was originally inaugurated to help lift spirits in some of the regions hit hardest by the 2011 Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
- 1 Official Pokemon Train Information
- 2 360 Degree View of the Pokemon Train
Official Pokemon Train Information
Pokemon Train Interior
Pikachu Playroom Car
- Try your hand at being the conductor in the driver’s cab or the engine room. Or play with the loads of gadgets and other fun things filling the area around the reclining Pikachu in the middle of the car.
Communication Seats (reserved seating cars)
- Depictions of Pikachu are everywhere, including the backrests of the seats, the curtains and much more!
Pokemon Train layout
Pokemon Train Regular Stops
The train departs from Ichinoseki Station in Iwate and ends at Kesennuma Station in Miyagi.
How to purchase Pokemon Train Tickets
Tickets for the POKÉMON with YOU Train are not available for sale outside of Japan. There are multiple ways to purchase tickets as follows.
- Passes: Purchase a pass that is for foreign visitors to Japan and covers the travel area. Recommended passes when visiting Japan
- Tickets: Available for sale at JR EAST Travel Service Centers and your local JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-madoguchi).
- Note: Not all services are available on certain trains when boarding with a pass or a ticket.
JR EAST Travel Service Centers
360 Degree View of the Pokemon Train
To get a 360-degree look at the special Pokemon train, click here.