- 1 Pokemon TCG
- 2 Number 10: Vaporeon Gold Star
- 3 Number 9: Ultra Ball
- 4 Number 8: Staff version Tropical Beach
- 5 Number 7: Shadowless Blastose (1st ed)
- 6 Number 6: Shadowless Venusaur (1st ed)
- 7 Number 5: Charizard Gold Star
- 8 Number 2: Umbreon Gold Star
- 9 Number 1: Shadowless Charizard (1st ed)
- 10 Pokemon Most Expensive Honorable mention:
- 11 Where can I Sell Rare Pokemon Cards? Places To Sell Pokemon Cards
The Pokémon Trading Card Game, often abbreviated as Pokémon TCG, is a tabletop game that involves collecting, trading and playing with Pokémon themed playing cards. Many of the rarest and Most Expensive Pokemon Cards are sometimes in your garage or maybe one day you asked yourself “Where can I sell rare Pokemon Cards?” and after finding places to sell pokemon cards, well they gone… (all your memories, all your childhood, all those good days of free time playing… lol).
Let’s first discuss and discuss a little bit of the background of the Pokemon TCG.
- The artwork of the Pokemon cards are provided by numerous amazing artists.
- The Pokémon TCG is a popular and steady aspect of the Pokémon franchise and is played and enjoyed by many fans.
- 21.5 billion Pokémon TCG cards have been produced worldwide.
- Many of these cards acquired a lot of interest based on its rarity which give them a very expensive cost. –
- Beginning in 1996, Pokemon cards became an immensely popular trading card game that, more than 20 years later, still has many devoted players.
- There are countless collectible cards used to play the game.
- Pokemon cards that are first edition or special edition, and especially cards that came into existence specifically for special tournaments or events are rare and difficult to find, making them expensive collectors’ items.
- Consumers looking to add something special to their Pokemon trading card collections do well to research the rarest Pokemon cards in the history of the game before making purchasing decisions.
- Factors such as rarity, condition, if the card contains errors, the edition and some others, takes place in a pokemon card cost, so 2 same cards can varies in price depending on those factor and if the card was evaluated by a third-party card authentication company like PSA, so before ask “where can I sell rare pokemon cards?” Let’s have an overview of the most expensive cards prices but remember that will depend in many factors.
Number 10: Vaporeon Gold Star
Number 9: Ultra Ball
Number 8: Staff version Tropical Beach
This card is the RW 28. The price of this card at the moment is $200. Tropical Beach was released at both 2011 and 2012 World Championships, and it is one of the Black and White Black Star Promos.
Number 7: Shadowless Blastose (1st ed)
Number 6: Shadowless Venusaur (1st ed)
Number 5: Charizard Gold Star
Number 2: Umbreon Gold Star
Number 1: Shadowless Charizard (1st ed)
Pokemon Most Expensive Honorable mention:
A Pokémon card has set the record as the most expensive in history after selling for a very high price at an auction, in Los Angeles. During a public auction of comics and art in Beverly Hills, the Pikachu Illustrator card was taken by a bidder for $54,970. The organizers of that event has previously reported a rise in Pokémon card values since the release of Pokémon Go. Only 20 to 39 copies of the Pikachu Illustrator card were ever made. These were distributed as prizes for winners of the Coro Coro comic illustration contests.
The Pikachu Illustrator first sold in the early 2000s for around $23,000. The Pikachu Illustrator Card is considered the most valuable and iconic Pokémon Card among collectors.” These particular cards were “designed by Atsuko Nishida, one of the chief Pokémon graphic illustrators.
So, Before you go running to check of your own Pokémon cards for selling them. Its worth checking their value using one of the many online guides. Factors such as rarity, condition, and edition core, decides a card’s selling potential. So if you’ve got the time for it and a decent-quality collection of cards, you could get a nice sum of cash for a binder full of Pokémon.
Where can I Sell Rare Pokemon Cards? Places To Sell Pokemon Cards
So then you checked the most expensive ones and now you think you have some high quality, mint or near-mint cards. Remember that getting that PSA seal of approval will increase your sell price. Well, if you don’t mind letting go your memories, give your 1999-self a hug and throw those cards on some online store.
There are many great places to sell pokemon cards but many of them will make you gain more money than others so be sure of knowing all your alternatives first. One of the easiest ways of getting rid of them are through eBay or even amazon. But a more dedicated website can also help you in the process. Websites like TCG Player, Professor Oak.com, CCG Castle, TrollandToad and many other, but it is important to understand their different fees and what you can expect from each of them.
Also, there are many alternatives of how you can sell them like Selling Individual Pokemon Cards, Selling them as complete Pokemon Collection and each of them have their cons and pros. But to prevent boring you and making an extensive article let’s discuss questions like how to sell your pokemon cards online, where can I sell rare pokemon cards and places to sell pokemon cards in a separate articles. (Articles in Progress… to be finished in 1-2 days; December 18, 2017)