An issue was recently found in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon that sometimes affected certain moves. Four moves were temporarily banned from all Play! Pokémon video game tournaments because of this issue. However, the bans are no longer in effect as the release of version 1.2 of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is upon us. The four banned moves were:
- Forest’s Curse
- Power Trick
- String Shot
On February 6, 2018, a new software update for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo 3DS Family system is connected to the Internet.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- After downloading the update, please do not delete the update data. Update data can be viewed in the “Downloadable Content” area of the Data Management menu.
- Please note that after downloading the most recent update, any battle videos you have saved up until now cannot be played or made public.
Complete These Steps:
- Perform a system update to ensure you have the most up-to-date version.
- For information about connecting your system to the internet, click here.
- Download the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon Update from the Nintendo eShop. (For steps on how to download the software update from the HOME Menu, click here.)
- Once the download is complete, the update will automatically be applied. The newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Update details for version 1.2
- Various fixes to improve gameplay.