PikaPoints are a reflection of your activity on the site: you earn points while you participate and contribute to our community. The more things you do on the site, the more points you get. As you accumulate points you also reach higher experience levels and your ranking online improves. Users at high levels are old-standing contributors to the site who have dedicated time and enthusiasm to this community.
There are many ways in which you earn PikaPoints. You may learn about all of them (see below), or you may simply explore the site and enjoy all its services, because at the same time you will be gathering points just for doing so.
If you want to do the things that generate more points, then you should concentrate on bringing new people to the site or just use the site for its main purpose, which is seeing the news and commenting on them.
All this information about the PikaPoints and the different levels and badges achieved by a user get displayed in a compact manner in each user’s profile page.
On this profile section you can quickly verify all the current achievements of the user.
Sources of PikaPoints
The following is a detailed list of all the activities that generate PikaPoints for you:
- 500 points for registering for the first time,
- 10 point for each day you visit the site (remember to log in),
- 10 points for each day you login the site,
- 100 points for each post you submit (Authors and PikaPlace Bloggers Only)
- 20 points for each comment you make (if you are a member), 50 if you are the post author.
- 150 points for referring a new visitor (Referral URL example: https://pikaplace.com/?mref=YOURUSERNAME),
- 1000 for referring a new member that signup (Referral URL example: https://pikaplace.com/?mref=YOURUSERNAME),
- 500 for adding profile photo,
- 500 for adding cover photo,
- 10 for updating profile info,
- 1 for using search member form.
As you can see, you earn points while you participate and contribute to our community. The more things you do on the site, the more points you get.